The President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has set up a special panel to investigate N-Power and other social investment programmes in the country.
This was disclosed by the presidential spokesman, Ajuri Ngelale on Saturday, January 13, noting that the the panel will be led by the Coordinating Minister of Economy and Minister of Finance Wale Edun.
Recall that the President had suspended the four programmes under the National Social Investment Programmes Agency (NSIPA) on Friday.
The statement by Ngelale read, “This Special Presidential Panel is tasked with immediately undertaking a comprehensive review and audit of existing financial frameworks and policy guidelines of the social investment programmes with a view to implementing a total re-engineering of the financial architecture of the programmes with detailed modification to procedures guiding the programmes’ implementation moving forward.”
The panel also comprises “ministers representing strategic sectors and will ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to the reform effort,” according to Ajuri.
Below is a list of the members of the panel:
(1) Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance – Chairman
(2) Coordinating Minister of Health and Social Welfare – Member
(3) Honourable Minister of Budget and Economic Planning – Member
(4) Honourable Minister of Information and National Orientation – Member
(5) Honourable Minister of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy – Member
(6) Honourable Minister of State for Youth – Member
“President Tinubu anticipates that this Special Presidential Panel will validate the confidence reposed in it by winning back all lost public confidence in these vital programmes over the years by ushering in a new era of operation based on open and accountable governance frameworks that will prove impervious to abuse and incompetence for the exclusive benefit of disadvantaged households across our nation,” the statement added.